What Is SMAS and who needs it?
SMAS (Safety Management Advisory Services) is a health and safety accreditation scheme and an SSIP (Safety Schemes in Procurement) member scheme.
Over 20,000 UK suppliers across a range of trades are listed as SMAS accredited contractors.
SMAS accredited contractors can quickly and easily demonstrate their health and safety competence and compliance to potential clients.
As a SMAS accredited contractor you will significantly increase your chances of getting onto shortlists or achieving preferred supplier status for tenders.
How can Blue Square Safety help me & what are the costs/timescales/process
We have a team of specialists with the skills and knowledge to take you through the process of becoming SMAS accredited.
Throughout the SMAS application process, you can reference us as your qualified, competent H&S professional.
Our team will work with you to;
- Assess your health and safety practices and processes
- Suggest improvements to enable you to demonstrate a safe system of work
- Review your current H&S documentation
- Modify existing documents or create new ones
- Become SMAS accredited as quickly as possible
All of the above from just £295 + VAT. Contact us today for a quote based on your specific requirements.
What happens after I’m accredited?
Once accredited you will be better placed to win new business or retain existing contracts when they come up for tender. You will be;
- SMAS H&S certified
- Listed on the SMAS supplier database
- Able to demonstrate H&S pre-qualification via the SSIP Member Scheme
- Able to demonstrate that you meet SSIP ‘core criteria’
- Given mutual recognition from others in the SSIP Member Scheme
- Entitled to use the SMAS logo on your website and tenders
Keep on top of compliance
We offer annual health & safety support contracts to help you keep on top of compliance in this area.
Our support contracts include email and telephone support, legislation updates, ongoing H&S advice and access to H&S document templates.
You can focus on your business safe in the knowledge that we are on-hand when required as your competent H&S advisor.
Support contracts start at just £55 per month + VAT. For more information visit our Health and Safety Support page H&S Support Contracts.